Saturday 5 February 2011

Day 3: Your favourite film.

Hmmm. Do I have a favourite film? I love watching movies but there are a few genres that I never get along with. Actiony things and overly complicated things. Popular examples of both of these are both films that I really didn't enjoy - The Dark Knight, and Inception. To be fair though, I was falling asleep through both of them.

I find it hard to concentrate on a film the whole way through. Usually I feel too embarrassed to ask someone what's going on because I feel like I'm an idiot for not getting it. Lawrence really enjoys it when I don't understand Battlestar Galactica and keep asking him if people are Cylons. It's his favourite.

There are a couple of movies coming to my mind that I could watch over and over again and feel totally uplifted:



Little Miss Sunshine is GREAT. When I think back to it....it'snot particularly fast moving or even hilariously funny. There are looooads of films I've found funnier and maybe even others I find to be more moving. The thing that makes this movie stand out as a favourite for me is that the level of FEEL GOOD feelings that suddenly swarm over me during the scene where the whole family are dancing together on stage. I love it.

Then there's this lovely little bugger. I'm sure almost all girls love this film and in my experience, most guys I force into watching it love it too. I think the best thing about it is that there are so many different story lines and they are all woven together. You can watch it loads of times and still find out something new about how two people in the filmknow each other. I also love the opening and closing scenes being set at the airport as for me, airports and train stations are what I think of when I think of love. All my friends are scattered about around England and I'm always meeting them at train stations. Then there's the airport. A place for either feeling SUPER EXCITED or like my world is ending. Thanks to Craft. What a wanker.

No comments:

Post a Comment